(Australian Associated Press)
THE 2019 AFL DRAFT AT A GLANCE
* The 2019 AFL draft will be held at Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium, with the first round taking place on Wednesday night and the remaining rounds completed on Thursday evening.
* The pre-season and rookie drafts will be held on Friday morning.
* Clubs can live trade their selections during the draft, as Carlton did last year when they orchestrated a much-discussed pick swap with Adelaide to secure Liam Stocker.
* Gold Coast are almost certain to pounce on Victorian midfielders Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson with the first two picks.
* Potential father-son draftees include Finn Maginess, son of two-time Hawthorn premiership player Scott, Jackson Mead, son of Port Adelaide’s Darren, and Trent Burgoyne, son of the Power’s Peter.
* Port Adelaide have the most picks heading into the draft with 10 (12, 16, 18, 52, 55, 66, 67, 68, 72, 86) while West Coast (46, 91) have the fewest with two.
* Barring any trades, St Kilda will make the latest entry into the draft with the Saints’ first selection at No.51.
* Players widely touted as potential top-10 selections:
Matt Rowell (midfielder, height – 180cm, weight – 78kg, club – Oakleigh Chargers)
Noah Anderson (midfielder, 191cm, 87kg, Oakleigh Chargers)
Luke Jackson (ruckman, 199cm, 94kg, East Fremantle)
Fischer McAsey (defender, 197cm, 91kg, Sandringham Dragons)
Sam Flanders (midfielder, 182cm, 82kg, Gippsland Power)
* The current first-round order:
1. Gold Coast
2. Gold Coast
12. Port Adelaide
13. Western Bulldogs
15. Gold Coast
16. Port Adelaide
18. Port Adelaide